The Biology 30 Diploma Prep offers a complete and thorough review of all course content.
Our program provides you with three days of face to face in-class instruction and review. Our knowledgeable and skilled professional instructors guide you through course key concepts, reviewing previous learning and providing test taking skills and tips that will provide you with a clear advantage on your diploma exam. This program will greatly enhance and clarify your understanding of diploma concepts and ensure you feel confident walking into the diploma exam.
Our Biology 30 prep course will review the the following knowledge and skills tested on the diploma exam:
- DNA: genetics at the molecular level.
- Cell Division: the processes of mitosis and meiosis.
- Genetics: the basic rules and processes associated with the transmission of genetic characteristics.
- The Hardy Weinberg Principle: gene pool changes over time.
- Population Interactions: symbiosis, the predator prey relationship, competition and succession.
- Population Change: the change in populations over time.
- Nervous System and Receptors: control of physiological processes
- Endocrine System: homeostasis.
- Reproduction: reproductive structures and hormones.
- Development: embryonic and fetal development, birth and lactation.
Susan Nisbet has been recognized for her teaching skills with a Prime Minister’s Award of teaching excellence at the local level and as a finalist for the Alberta Government Teaching Excellence Award. Susan is a University of Alberta graduate and has extensive experience teaching Biology at McNally High School and Centre High.
Friday, January 17, 2020 6:00PM – 9:00PM
Saturday, January 18, 2020 10:00AM – 6:00PM
Sunday, January 19, 2020 10:00AM – 6:00PM