The Biology 30 Diploma Prep offers a complete and thorough review of all course content.
Our program provides you with three days of face to face in-class instruction and review. Our knowledgeable and skilled professional instructors guide you through course key concepts, reviewing previous learning and providing test taking skills and tips that will provide you with a clear advantage on your diploma exam. This program will greatly enhance and clarify your understanding of diploma concepts and ensure you feel confident walking into the diploma exam.
Our Biology 30 prep course will review the the following knowledge and skills tested on the diploma exam:
- Population Interactions: symbiosis, the predator prey relationship, competition and succession.
- Population Change: the change in populations over time.
- Nervous System and Receptors: control of physiological processes
- Endocrine System: homeostasis.
- Reproduction: reproductive structures and hormones.
- Development: embryonic and fetal development, birth and lactation.
- DNA: genetics at the molecular level.
- Cell Division: the processes of mitosis and meiosis.
- Genetics: the basic rules and processes associated with the transmission of genetic characteristics.
- The Hardy Weinberg Principle: gene pool changes over time.
Melissa McDonald has degrees in both Science and Education, with a major in Biology. She has been involved in many collaborative professional development opportunities in both biology and pedagogy. Melissa is the current Department Head of Science at Ross Sheppard High School and along with Biology 30, she teaches International Baccalaureate Biology HL.
Friday, June 12, 2020 6:00PM – 9:00PM
Saturday, June 13, 2020 10:00AM – 6:00PM
Sunday, June 14, 2020 10:00AM – 6:00PM